Top Review by Miss ~V~
I made these as a special treat for my kids today...yet another snow day!! Anyway, we love them!! I can remember having these as a kid and was very happy to have stumbled upon your recipe. Thanks so much!
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes, Cold
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cold mashed potatoes with salt and vanilla.
- Add icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition.
- At first the mixture will be stiff and hard to handle but with beating it will become very runny.
- With the addition of the fourth cup, the mixture will firm up again.
- Turn half of the mixture on to a board that's been lightly dusted with icing; roll into a rectangle two inches thick.
- Spread with half of the peanut butter.
- Roll up from the short side, jelly-roll fashion.
- Repeat with rest of fondant.
- Refrigerate until firm; slice 1/4 inch thick.