Recipe by jecooks
This is a very simple, and very yummy sweet treat. My husband remembered having these as a child, but we could not find the recipe. I finally found it. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Gillian Spence
I made these when I was a little girl in the 70's and had searched and searched for years to find the recipe again. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and taking me back to my favorite treat to make every Christmas!
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 -2 cup powdered sugar (more or less to keep dough from sticking to paper)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, combine 16 oz sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla (should be stiff and dough-like).
- Chill for a few minutes to help prevent sticking.
- Divide dough into 2 balls, and roll each ball out to pie crust thickness (Use parchment or wax paper and plenty of powdered sugar both over and under dough to keep it from sticking).
- Heat peanut butter until runny and easily spreadable- not too hot- and spread evenly over rolled dough.
- Roll dough into a log (you may have to sprinkle a little more powdered sugar on it as you go to help with stickiness).
- Chill 1 hour and slice into 1/4" pinwheels- keep refrigerated.