Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a different twist from the ordinary peanut butter cookie, rolled up with melted chocolate in the center....delicious! (note: the cookie dough has to chill for 30 mins)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (Crisco is good)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 6-oz pkg)
- Cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then stir into the creamed mixture.
- Place peanut butter cookie dough on lightly floured waxed paper.
- Roll out into a 15x8-in rectangle.
- Melt the chocolate chips over hot water; cool slightly, and spread over peanut butter cookie dough.
- Roll dough up jellyroll fashion, using the waxed paper to help roll.
- Wrap with the waxed paper.
- Chill 20-30 mins.
- Slice cookie dough 1/4-in thick.
- Bake, on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 mins.
This recipe was good, but I had a few changes with it. Mainly, I doubled the recipe, and I had to add about a c up of extra flour because it was far too sticky to roll out. Otherwise, this recipe was good. The cookies are cute and taste great.
Oh my--peanut butter and chocolate. I had fun making these. They cut very nicely after being in the fridge for 30 minutes. Next time I make these Im going to cut back the sugar, just a little. Thanks Kitten for a great recipe that will go on my cookie tray again.
I must have done something wrong.and my chips, would not melt, stayed thick, so trying to spread, on that soft dough, did make for a bad word,LOL.but finally got a nice looking cookie. dh said they were good,a bit sweet for me.Made 5 different cookies, for our grandson, so your cookie, is on it's way to the, USS.Reagan. thanks,Kittencal Bass.