This is a different twist from the ordinary peanut butter cookie, rolled up with melted chocolate in the center....delicious! (note: the cookie dough has to chill for 30 mins)
- Cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then stir into the creamed mixture.
- Place peanut butter cookie dough on lightly floured waxed paper.
- Roll out into a 15x8-in rectangle.
- Melt the chocolate chips over hot water; cool slightly, and spread over peanut butter cookie dough.
- Roll dough up jellyroll fashion, using the waxed paper to help roll.
- Wrap with the waxed paper.
- Chill 20-30 mins.
- Slice cookie dough 1/4-in thick.
- Bake, on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 mins.