Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was submitted by Holly Thomas to CanadianLiving.com and I think the cookies are really delightlful...try and tell me what you think. These are great for the kids with a glass of milk. Prep time does not include the time to chill these cookies.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix
- or stir half of flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Using your hands, mix in remaining flour mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, melt chocolate with butter in a bowl over HOT water (not boiling).
- Let cool.
- Take chilled dough and divide in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- Spread each rectangle with half of the melted chocolate mixture.
- Starting from the long side, roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style to form 2 long rolls.
- Wrap separately in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 1 1/2-in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Be sure to rotate sheets and turn from back to front halfway through baking as this ensures a better baked cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool.
- This cookie can be stored in an airtight tin for up to 1 week.