1/6 Photos of Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe is from Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, 2008, but has been tweaked slightly! Preparation time includes time needed for dough to chill in the refrigerator and cooking time is only an estimate, depending on how many sheets of cookies are baked at the same time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixing bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in egg and milk.
- 3In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 4Roll out cookie dough between waxed paper into a 12-inch by 10-inch rectangle.
- 5Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly.
- 6When cooled slightly, spread over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 7Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- 8Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 9Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease cookie sheets.
- 10Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 11Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- 12Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 13Remove to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g