Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pie is made in a 9 1/2" deep dish pie plate, & in thin slices, it's a great tasting peanut butter pie without being overwhelming! Preparation & cooking time does not include the 4 hours it takes to chill the pie.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Stir in the condensed milk & the egg yolks.
- Add peanut butter & beat until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a large heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, cooking & stirring until it is thickened & bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter & vanilla extract.
- Cool the filling slightly before pouring it into either a baked pie shell or a graham cracker or cookie crumb pie shell.
- Cover & chill at least 4 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers.