Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pie is made in a 9 1/2" deep dish pie plate, & in thin slices, it's a great tasting peanut butter pie without being overwhelming! Preparation & cooking time does not include the 4 hours it takes to chill the pie.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Stir in the condensed milk & the egg yolks.
- Add peanut butter & beat until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a large heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, cooking & stirring until it is thickened & bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter & vanilla extract.
- Cool the filling slightly before pouring it into either a baked pie shell or a graham cracker or cookie crumb pie shell.
- Cover & chill at least 4 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yummmm!!! truly an awesome pie! Followed recipe exactly-didn't have any problems with lumps! Kids asked for seconds for dessert. Drizzled chocolate syrup on top for decoration. Thank you for sharing!!!
This is the BEST peanut butter pie, custard based rather than instant pudding or coolwhip. Only reason I gave it a four rather than five stars is that it became very lumpy after cooking. I was able to get the lumps out using my hand-held blender. I followed instructions exactly, including the dissolving the cornstarch and using a heavy pot. I had to stove on setting 6 of 9. Maybe that was too hot? Thanks Syd, this is definitely a keeper!