Recipe by Mumma=^..^=
I got this recipe from my Scouting friend Virginia in 2007. And it has been my oldest child's choice for birthday dinners ever since!
- 1 pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 vanilla pudding mix, cooked type
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- If your pie shell is baked, skip to step 3.
- Preheat oven to 425. Roll out pastry and place in a greased pie shell and prick all over with a fork. Line with parchment paper, and fill crust with some kind of weights - either store bought or beans/rice/pasta work. Bake for 20 mins at 425. Remove pie shell from oven, remove weights, reduce oven to 350 and bake another 10-15 minutes, until crust is golden. Let cool completely.
- Mix together the icing sugar and peanut butter and put 2/3 of the mixture on the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Using the 3 egg yolks, add enough milk to equal 3 cups. Add to pie filling mix, along with vanilla, and cook according to package directions. Add to pie on top of the peanut butter.
- Make a meringue using the 3 egg whites and the sugar, put on top of vanilla pudding. Sprinkle the rest of the peanut butter mix on top of the meringue.
- Brown meringue at 350 degrees.for 10-12 minutes.