Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The easiest, best tasting peanut butter pie I've ever had. This recipe was given to me by a lady at work. The crunchy peanut butter adds a wonderful texture. Cooking time includes time in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Melt butter and brown sugar over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Peanut butter.
- (I stick it in the fridge for about 20 minutes).
- While the peanut butter mixture is cooling, melt chocolate chips with shortening stirring constantly over low heat.
- Spread 1/2 of the melted chocolate chips in pie crust.
- Mix peanut butter mixture and cool whip until consistent.
- Put in pie crust.
- Drizzle the rest of the chocolate chip mixture over pie.
- Freeze until almost hard.
This pie was so easy and quick to prepare. I used an 8 oz container of cool whip and it was the perfect amount. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was yummy, and oh so quick to make!! This was just the taste I was looking for! I am infamous for altering recipes, and I changed this one a bit, too. I didn't have crunchy peanut butter, and I was wanting a creamy texture anyways. This recipe seemed a bit on the sweet side, and since most recipes had cream cheese in them (and I was out) I wanted a bit of tang to balance the sweetness. I have a recipe for apple dip that is peanut butter and yogurt, and although I was out of yogurt, I exchanged for some sour cream since the 2 can be switched out for one another. I only had maybe about a scant 1/4 cup left in the container, but that seemed to do the trick. What can I say, but with DH, myself and our 2 young boys, it was gone in less than 24 hours! I think that next time I will cut back the brown sugar. So, it's a bit long and windy of a review, but I always like to explain where my changes came from. I will certainly be making this one again!!
This recipe is awesome. It's easy to make. I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust. The recipe doesn't say the size of Cool Whip so I used an 8 oz. Cool Whip which worked perfect. This made a hit with the kids as well as the adults.