Recipe by Sara C
The easiest, best tasting peanut butter pie I've ever had. This recipe was given to me by a lady at work. The crunchy peanut butter adds a wonderful texture. Cooking time includes time in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and brown sugar over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Peanut butter.
- (I stick it in the fridge for about 20 minutes).
- While the peanut butter mixture is cooling, melt chocolate chips with shortening stirring constantly over low heat.
- Spread 1/2 of the melted chocolate chips in pie crust.
- Mix peanut butter mixture and cool whip until consistent.
- Put in pie crust.
- Drizzle the rest of the chocolate chip mixture over pie.
- Freeze until almost hard.