Top Review by lovetoquilt
DELISCIOSO!!! I had a group for lunch today and served your Peanut Butter Pie - long story short, it was a big hit! Goofy me forgot that the heavy cream needed to be whipped before folding it in. I got in a hurry and dumped all of the ingredients for the filling into the mixing bowl. I discovered my mistake too late and decided to beat those ingredients, cross my fingers, and see how it came out. Again, I'll say delicious! Thanks for the recipe!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies[oreos])
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- to taste chocolate, grated (optional)
- to taste chocolate cookie crumb (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes.
- Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired.