Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies[oreos])
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- to taste chocolate, grated (optional)
- to taste chocolate cookie crumb (optional)
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes.
- Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired.
DELISCIOSO!!! I had a group for lunch today and served your Peanut Butter Pie - long story short, it was a big hit! Goofy me forgot that the heavy cream needed to be whipped before folding it in. I got in a hurry and dumped all of the ingredients for the filling into the mixing bowl. I discovered my mistake too late and decided to beat those ingredients, cross my fingers, and see how it came out. Again, I'll say delicious! Thanks for the recipe!!
Instead of the traditional pecan or pumpkin pie I opted to make this at Christmas time. My two boys ages 12 and 13 literally fought over the last piece. It is insanely good and I will make it every year for the holidays.
Yum! Super rich and the best peanut butter pie! Used lowfat cream cheese and natural peanut butter. Loved that this recipe used whipping cream rather than cool whip. Thanks for sharing the recipe!