Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home's Feb 11, 2002 edition and my favorite. I use a pre-made chocolate crumb crust and prefer to garnish with grated chocolate rather than cookie crumbs.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- grated chocolate (optional) or chocolate cookie crumb (optional)
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-in pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust.
- Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs, if desired.
I don't normally like to rate recipes without trying them myself but I made this pie one night and put it in the fridge. When I came home from work the next day, my family had eaten the whole pie. I used a premade chocolate pie crust and followed the rest of the recipe as written, other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. I didn't add any of the optional ingredients. This was very easy to make. Next time I guess I will have to make two pies, if I want a piece of one!