Recipe by grandma2969
Awesome! get a lot of requests for this one.. I use a package of Dream Whip, prepared as pkg directs for topping
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 4 ounces Dream Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 cup powdered suga till crumbly.
- set aside.
- In large heavy pan, combine sugar, cornstarch, milk, stir well and cook till bubbly.cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into bowl, which contains 2 beaten eggs, return all to pan.
- Cook till nearly bubble.DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces, and 1 tbls vanilla extract.
- Mix well.let cool 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the peanut butter/powdered sugar mixture in the bottom of baked pie shell --
- Mound filling over and chill 1 hour.
- Use Whipped topping mix and sprinkle reserved peanut butter mix on top.
- for the TOPPING:.
- I either buy at bulk store or use Dream Whip, prepared as box directs for topping.cuts down on calories and fat from whipping cream.