Here is a strange one from 'Postcards from Buster' This recipe did not say amounts for the peanut butter or pickles so use as much as you like. But Zaar will not let me publish unless I enter an amount.
- Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of two slices of bread.
- Cover one slice of peanut-buttered bread with pickles.
- Put the two slices of bread together (learn from my mistake and make sure the peanut butter is on the INSIDE when you do this).
- Clean up the kitchen before you enjoy your -- no, that's not right.
- Clean up the kitchen before you force yourself to -- no, that's too negative.
- Uh -- okay: clean up the kitchen before you take a small bite, and test it out.
- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
- If it's good enough for aliens, it's good enough for me!
This is a classic. My grandmother and great grandmother started eating these sandwiches at least 70 years ago. They used sweet sliced bread and butter pickles on the sandwich. This recipe has been passed on for generations. I know of at least 5 generations who have enjoyed this. Thanks for posting such a simple recipe for others to enjoy.
Okay step #5 should be devour your sandwich and then clean up the kitchen! Outside of that I followed the instructions completely but did add peanut butter to both sides of the bread and put pickles in the middle! My mom used to make me this sandwich when I was in elementary school and I still enjoy them today on occasion. It was fun finding this posted recipe during Help a Naked Recipe event in the Photo Forum. Thanks Charlotte for the memories and yummy lunch! No kid needed this time - I did it all by myself!
These are great ! I've been making and eating them foe years. I also like peanut butter and cucumber slices.