Recipe by Sherrybeth
From the September 2006 issue of Southern Lady magazine. These are wonderful gifts for any occasion!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the sugars and milk over medium high heat. Stir CONSTANTLY until mixture reasches 228 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add butter, peanut butter and pecans and continue to stir until mixture reaches 240 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Beat VIGOROUSLY with a WOODEN spoon until mixture begins to thicken and lose the glossy appearance.
- Working QUICKLY, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.