Recipe by barbacious
I was leery of using so much peanut butter and only put in 1 1/2 cups. It worked fine. Next time I will try the 2 1/2 cups of peanut butter. If you want to use dry roasted peanuts, add them when you add the peanut butter.
Top Review by karlyndarlin
I loved this recipe. I used the full amount of peanut butter (my choice is Skippy creamy) and the candy is WONDERFUL! My daughter and sister think I should drizzle melted chocolate on it next time I make it. I'm going to try to make it without the peanuts and see how that goes.
Also, I made it completely in the microwave. Super easy when you have a microwave candy thermometer (Thanks, Mom!).
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, water and syrup in a heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil and heat to 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Add peanuts.
- Heat to 300°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Spread quickly onto a lightly buttered pan.
- Cool and break into pieces.