Kozy Kitchen's Note:
This candie reminds me of the middle of a Butterfinger.It is not as "brittle" as the traditional peanut brittle and is a wonderful change!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preparations: Butter a cookie sheet;place in warm oven to keep warm-to hot. Combine the baking soda and vanilla in a small cup and set aside.(this keeps the soda from brown flaking in your syrup).
- 2Combine sugar,water and corn syrup in heavy saucepan.
- 3Bring mixture to full boil over high heat, stirring until mixture appears clear.
- 4Cook to hard crack stage- 290 degrees.(No thermometer? Fill a cup with cold water and drip a drop of the syrup into water. Feel the drop at the bottom of the cup -- if it's hard and brittle, it's ready!
- 5Meanwhile, put the measured peanut butter and peanuts in a medium size bowl and microwave on defrost or half power to warm .
- 6When the syrup hits 290 remove from heat and add vanilla,soda and the warmed peanut butter mixture. Combine and stir quickly.
- 7Working quickly, pour onto a very warm - hot buttered cookie sheet; spread with large spoons or forks.
- 8Cool; break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (2079 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3149.2
- Calories from Fat 1653
- Total Fat 183.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2951.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 338.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.0 g
- Sugars 205.0 g
- Protein 89.7 g