Recipe by grandma2969
we love this candy..it is not as hard as regular peanut brittle..the peanut butter flavor is outstanding!!
Top Review by Got Milk?
I made this just the other day and was surpised out of well it went over with my co-workers! This recipe is not for you if you like the hard peanut brittle. This has a soft texture and does not "break your teeth" like the rest. My kids even loved it. Thank You so much for posting it grandma2969....your grandkids are really lucky!!
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In top of double boiler, warm peanut butter over low heat.
- Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Butter sides of a heavy 3 quart pan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water .
- Cook and stir over medium high heat till it comes to a boil --
- Clip candy thermometer to side of pan and cook till mixture reaches 275* (about 15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 tbls butter stirring just until melted.
- Add peanuts and cook and stir for 5 more minutes until candy starts to turn brown and thermometer reads 295*.
- Remove from heat and remove thermometer
- Quickly sprinkle baking soda over mixture stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.gentlly stir in warmed peanut butter.till it is well combined.
- Immediately pour candy onto prepared sheets.working quickly spread as thin as possible.
- When cool, break into pieces.