Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
we love this candy..it is not as hard as regular peanut brittle..the peanut butter flavor is outstanding!!
- In top of double boiler, warm peanut butter over low heat.
- Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Butter sides of a heavy 3 quart pan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water .
- Cook and stir over medium high heat till it comes to a boil --
- Clip candy thermometer to side of pan and cook till mixture reaches 275* (about 15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 tbls butter stirring just until melted.
- Add peanuts and cook and stir for 5 more minutes until candy starts to turn brown and thermometer reads 295*.
- Remove from heat and remove thermometer
- Quickly sprinkle baking soda over mixture stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla.gentlly stir in warmed peanut butter.till it is well combined.
- Immediately pour candy onto prepared sheets.working quickly spread as thin as possible.
- When cool, break into pieces.