Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try these for breakfast. Raisins and apples add fiber and flavor to the PB&J. Use low fat whole-grain waffles for a healthier panini.
- Combine raisins, peanut butter and honey in small bowl; stir to blend. Divide and spread over 4 waffles to cover and top each with about 5 apple slices.
- Spread 1 teaspoons jam on each four remaining waffles; place jam side down on peanut butter topped waffles.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add waffle sandwiches and reduce heat to medium-low heat. Place another skillet over evenly on waffles.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip panini; add remaining 1 teaspoons butter to skillet and slide panini around skillet to coat with butter.
- Replace skillet on top and cook one more minute or until lightly browned.
- Cut and serve with remaining apple slices.
I used 4 toaster size L'eggo waffles to make 2 sandwiches. The math to cut the remaining ingredients down to 1 serving got a little nuts, so I used a dab of this and a dollop of that. As long as it summed up to 2 sandwiches, I was happy. LOL. I brushed the melted butter on the outsides of sandwiches and browned them in my George Foreman grill for about 3 minutes. These are yummy and made me feel like a kid again. Thanks for a sweet treat Skippy. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.