Recipe by caffeine junkie
The perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate in a great brownie. Found in the Great American Brand Name Cookbook.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These were good, but I was disappointed in the flavor. They were sweet, but didn't have much flavor. Neither the peanut butter or chocolate flavor stood out at all. But, they did look nice. This just wasn't what I was looking for. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Hershey's syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally grease a 13x9x2" pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together softened butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add granulated and light brown sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture; mix well.
- Spread half of batter into prepared pan. Pour Hershey's syrup over batter. Spread the remaining batter over syrup. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.