Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Rich and creamy peanut butter ice cream with oreo cookie chunks; this will definitely satisfy your pb and oreo cookie craving. YUM! The sweet cream base is from Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book. Adapted from 'Vanilla Sugar'. Note: Cook time is estimated freeze time.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (use about two tablespoons less)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 1 cup of chopped plain Oreo cookies (I think, I might have used a bit more)
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream, vanilla, peanut butter, and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer instructions.
- Add in the chopped oreo cookies during the last two minutes of churning.
- Makes about 1 quart.