Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
As far as I'm concerned, the richer desserts are, the better--and I know that I'm not alone;) I took my favorite peanut butter frosting recipe and added my favorite packaged cookie--Double Stuffed Oreos. This is a KNOCK-OUT frosting; super rich, creamy, and sweet. Spread on butter cookies, chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, banana cookies, blondies, brownies, all kinds of cakes--whatever you fancy. Instead of Oreos, add in your favorite crushed candy bars (I bet Heath bars, Snickers bars, and Butterfinger bars would be heart-stopping!!!) You're the artist:)
Top Review by wife2abadge
I thought this was very good. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 devil's food cake topping. People had difficulty identifying the flavor of the frosting, but liked it. I think it would be better with crushed Butterfingers, as you suggested.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 8 -10 Oreo cookies, chopped,about
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth and light.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Beat in the sugar, a little at a time (about 1/4 cup each time), until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
- Gently fold in the Oreos.
- Use frosting as desired.