Recipe by EmmyG37
Tasty bars that pack a bunch of protein into a tiny yet satisfying bar. Great for recovery from a workout, a quick breakfast or snack, or on a hike. Easy to make gluten-free by using GF oats and oat flour. If you don't have oat flour, try pulverizing 50g of rolled oats in a food processor until they form a coarse flour consistency - works just as well.
- 100 g rolled oats
- 100 g whey protein powder
- 70 g raisins
- 50 g oat flour
- 100 g peanut butter
- 20 g honey
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients together in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30-60seconds.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Form a ball with the mixture.
- Spread out into a lined (I used wax paper) 9"x9" baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Remove with the lining to a cutting board and cut into 10 pieces. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 2 weeks or up to 2-3 months in the freezer.