Recipe by Carambola
(No Wheat / No Egg) Cookies in five minutes! No wheat or egg so these are great for wheat or egg free diets. A friend gave me the original recipe that called for white sugar and they were great that way. I tried it with brown sugar and that is the ONLY way I'll fix them now! Totally a new level. Only takes 10 minutes total to prepare these.
Top Review by Lady Clare
I am not leaving any starrs because I just wanted to add, for those that say the cookies aren't setting and then giving a low rating: That is because you aren't cooking them long enough. Depending on your location, sometimes that minute needs to be longer. If you have trouble the first time, it just means next time, cook longer before adding to the oats! It is the same with any unbaked cookie. It's not the recipe, it's that you didn't cook it long enough!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (dry, sometimes takes more oatmeal)
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter (reduced fat works great)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk (Non fat works great)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first three ingredients. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar, milk, and butter in Medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally - full boil for ONE minute.
- Immediately pour over oatmeal mixture and stir thoroughly but rapidly.
- Spoon cookie size scoops (a heaping tablespoon) onto waxed paper or plastic wrap and let set until firm.