1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins for Kids (Or Adults)
I wanted to start cooking healthier choices to make available for my son's breakfast or snack. Beings he loves cupcakes, I pulled this one off as a "peanut butter cupcake" and it worked like a gem. Upon serving, spread on some butter with jelly or honey. This recipe originated from a 1980's edition of Better Homes and Gardens Kids Snacks cookbook, handed down to me from my aunt, whose kids are now grown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- toasted wheat germ, for topping
- butter or jelly or honey or peanut butter, for spreading
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, stir together first 6 ingredients, mixing well while making a well in the center of the mixture.
- 3In another bowl, mix brown sugar and peanut butter with a mixer on medium speed setting until fluffy.
- 4Add egg and beat well.
- 5Now add the flour mixture to the beaten mixture; at the same time slowly add the milk and beat until well blended.
- 6Grease a muffin pan or line the pan cups with paper baking cups; sprinkle some wheat germ to coat the cups.
- 7Spoon batter into the cups, filling it about 3/4 of the way full.
- 8Top with additional sprinkled wheat germ and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- 9Remove from pan; serve warm immediately or cover with foil and/or store in an air tight container until serving.
- 10*I also topped off these muffins by spreading on some extra peanut butter on the top.
- 11*To reheat: place in microwave on High for 8 seconds.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins for Kids (Or Adults)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g