1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe came from me liking peanut butter, but peanut butter cookies don't stay chewy enough for me. Since I love oatmeal cookies, I sort of combined the 2 flavors and here's what happened. When I first met my husband, he swore he didn't like oatmeal cookies. Now around Xmas, he knows I'll start baking and he asks for these every year! I have served them with a bit of Nutella inside like a sandwich, and I also took them to an office party with peanut butter and jelly spread inside. If you do fill them, put them in the fridge until ready to serve. But I will admit, my favorite is just these cookies and a big old glass of milk. Hope you like them too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a large mixer on high. PEANUT BUTTER NOTE: I use 1/3 cup of both creamy and chunky peanut butter in this recipe, but use what you have. My husband likes chunky, and I like creamy so we always have both :)
- 3Add the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients until combined: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oats.
- 5Slowly add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- 6Place the batter onto a sheet pan by the tablespoonful, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. I use a cookie scooper to make it easier.
- 7Bake in the top half of the oven until the cookies are golden, about 10-12 minutes. NOTE: The cooking time will depend on the size of cookie (or scooper) that is used, so check at 10 minutes. They should be golden on the edges, but don't overcook these cookies. They should still be chewy.
- 8Remove and let cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g