Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Friend of mine gave me this recipe that she got off the back of the oatmeal can. It's a twist because she uses 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter. If you choose not to use the peanut butter then use the full cup of butter.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Bar cookies: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9 inch metal baking pan.
Mmmm.. These were a really yummy treat.. A nice twist between oatmeal and peanut butter.. Not a big fan of raisins so I used choc. chips instead.. YUM! YUM! YUM! Thanks for the post..
this was great the family loved them.I used 1 egg instead of 2.then instead of raisins sub.with nestle minimorsels.turned out great.