Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very yummy! A nice moist, chewy cookie. No heavy baking soda aftertaste!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or more)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. And mix well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture.
- Add chips and mix well.
- Either drop onto pan or roll into small balls.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on sheet.
Amazing recipe! I placed my cookie dough in the fridge and brought it out only when the previous batch was done to load up another tray, and they didn't spread hardly at all.. instead they looked perfectly store bought, and tasted SOOO much better than that! Some cookies are only fantastic straight out of the oven, and by the time they're cold, you're thinking that the calories just aren't worth it. Buckle your seatbelts kids, this is NOT one of those. These are perfectly tempting every step of the way. I'm forever in your debt, thank you!
Loved these cookies, and so did the hubby and all 4 kids! Did 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 peanut butter, and 3/4 cup oats. Turned out wonderful! Used a scoop and they stayed in the ball shape. Will probably flatten them out a little next time! Make sure to let them sit 5 mins after or they get crumbly!
Yummy! not too Peanutty, tons of chocolate, just enough other stuff to hold all the good stuff together. I used eggbeaters for lack of normal eggs and it came out fine. I also used all brown sugar for lack of white sugar.