Recipe by sheepdoc
Modified from Key Ingredient blog. Super yummy. Old fashioned oats can be substituted for quick cooking, but the result is chewier. Or give the old fashioned oats a quick spin in the blender. I use Copycat Borden's Sweetened Condensed Milk for the sweetened condensed milk. You can top with cut up or mini Reese's peanut butter cups or a mix of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 9x13 pan with foil, spray with Pam.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oatmeal, flour, and salt until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup. Press remainder into pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour and gently spread peanut butter mixture over warm crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crust crumbles on top.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake 5-10 minutes until top is golden and chips are melty.