Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
Hands down my favorite bar recipe. My mom makes these for all of our family parties and everyone goes nuts! They are so addicting, I think I am going to make some now :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats, I prefer old fashioned
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, 1/3 c peanut butter, soda, salt, vanilla and mix well; add flour and oats.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan, bake @ 350 for 18-21 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When bars are done immediately sprinkle choc chips on top, let stand a few minutes until melted.
- Spread evenly, set aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine all frosting ingredients, mix until smooth, it should be creamy not runny, add milk if needed.
- Spread evenly over cooled chocolate.