Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
These cookies are chewy that has a crispy edge on them. They are a "huge" cookie that will delight any cookie lover... be sure to have a cold glass of milk on hand ! Our family's favorite comfort cookie by far.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's pieces or 1 cup smarties candies or 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients making sure all ingredients are blended well.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Blend well.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out your cookie dough and place on the parchment paper.
- Press the centre of the cookie dough a bit with the back of a spoon. They will spread out to almost 5-6 inches per cookie so make sure you have lots of room on the cookie sheet for them to bake.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet. With carry over cooking, they continue to bake for another 5 minutes while cooling out of the oven. This is what gives them the chewy consistency.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yummy! I made them smaller...regular size cookies, That way I don'f feel so guilty eating one and can cut the calories in half. Thanks for posting. And no flour!!!!!!