Recipe by emily hauer
I just adopted this recipe, after I make it myself (hopefully soon), I will update the description.
Top Review by ladypit
Since this is one of your adopted recipes I'm just leaving comments. I used spenda and whole wheat pastry flour as the usual subs. I make in recipes like these. The batter was tasty so I can't give you an accurate number of cookies this produced because of the amount of batter I ate! The batter is crumbly though, and produced very crumbly cookies. I made one batch as written and found that it did not need 15 minutes, more like 12 (and they were not very soft cookies). To the rest of the batter I added about 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips and we thought that improved these immensely.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or chunky)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, oats, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl beat together butters with sugars until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix in peanut butter, water and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Drop on baking sheets tbsp 2-inches apart.
- Use a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until soft in center.
- Let cool.