I found this in a TOH mini cookbooklet. Submitted by E. Searer. They are a dense muffin and not overly sweet. Great for breakfast or mid-afternoon treat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (can use crunchy or creamy)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (you can omit this if using crunchy peanut butter)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients - just until moistened.
- Fold in chopped peanuts.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4ths way full.
- Bake at 375F for 15-18 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack.