Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are many versions of this recipe, but this the best! 8) Very rich and perfect for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there! 8)
- 118.29 ml butter, plus
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml peanut butter, plus
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml milk
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml rolled oats
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat peanut butter, butters and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
Very tasty. I used a 1" melon scoop to portion these onto the cookie sheet. After the first tray I decided to flatten the dough slightly before baking to achieve a better cookie appearance. Otherwise they look a little like drop biscuits because they don't spread out much, if at all. I only baked half the batch and froze the rest of the pre-portioned dough in a zip top bag. Defrost the dough balls for 15 minutes or so and bake...they come out just great! Next time I will prepare a double batch of dough since it freezes so well. Super convenient to have cookie dough that is ready to go!
Yummmmmm....Quick & easy recipe. I took Sylvie's suggestion of freezing half the dough for another time. Thanks for posting!
BEST cookie recipe ever! I made these last minute to take to a family function and they were a hit. I can't visit any of my relatives anymore without them asking if I brought more of my famous cookies. GREAT recipe! Thanks for sharing!