Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
There are many versions of this recipe, but this the best! 8) Very rich and perfect for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there! 8)
Top Review by Crunchy Numbers
Very tasty. I used a 1" melon scoop to portion these onto the cookie sheet. After the first tray I decided to flatten the dough slightly before baking to achieve a better cookie appearance. Otherwise they look a little like drop biscuits because they don't spread out much, if at all. I only baked half the batch and froze the rest of the pre-portioned dough in a zip top bag. Defrost the dough balls for 15 minutes or so and bake...they come out just great! Next time I will prepare a double batch of dough since it freezes so well. Super convenient to have cookie dough that is ready to go!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat peanut butter, butters and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.