Recipe by 1TexasLizard
This recipe was on a box of "Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Cereal". What wonderful cookies! Chewy, filling, high fiber...and oat to boot. Lower cholesterol here we come. I also used 1/4 cup applesauce for 1/4 cup margarine to lower fat. They were super easy to mix and are sturdy enough to travel well (I mailed some to an avid fan!). Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran (Hodgson Mill brand)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix melted margarine with sugars.
- Add egg (or whites); mix well.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add remaining dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.