Recipe by daisy M
This has a layer of ice cream sandwiched between peanut buttery, hazelnutty granola. This is a good recipe to make use of some not really interesting granola. This is the ultimate in deliciousness and so easy to make. This dessert is from Chocolate american style by Lara Brody.
- 1 (13 ounce) jar nutella
- 1 (12 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 4 cups granola cereal or 4 cups cereal, of your liking
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften nutella and peanut butter by microwaving the opened jars on high for 30-40 seconds each.
- Place granola or cereal in a large mixing bowl. Add the softened nutella and peanut butter to the granola and toss well until all the granola is well-coated with the butters.
- Scrape half the granola mixture into a 9 inch square pan and press firmly to form an even layer. Spoon slightly softened, spreadable ice cream and level it with a spatula. Freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
- Scrape the remaining granola mixture onto the ice cream and press evenly over the ice cream layer.
- Cover the pan with foil and freeze for at least 1 hour. The ice cream should freeze and firm up.
- Cut into small or large squares with a knife dipped in warm water.