Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe from Lundberg Rice using brown rice syrup instead of sugar & HFCS. The almonds give a great touch!! You can use either crumbled rice crispy cakes or puffed rice cereal. If you go with the rice cakes mix it up with different flavors, apple cinnamon, brown rice - your choice!! Enjoy!
- 5 cups crumbled rice cakes or 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown rice syrup (Lundberg Sweet Dreams)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Whisk the peanut butter and rice syrup in a sauce pan on moderate-low heat to the point of boiling.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice cakes or cereal and almonds.
- Coat the crumbles with rice syrup and peanut butter mixture.
- Spray a square baking dish with non-stick spray and press the crumbles mixture into the pan.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!