1/1 Photo of Peanut-Butter Nut Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is from the Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook of 1950. It was posted in a thread about old vintage cookbooks. Next to the recipe is a black and white photograph of the bread and a description that reads: Youngsters sing with all their might. Hooray! It's peanut-butter bread tonite. This recipe belongs in the Southern region - the home of Georgia peanuts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- peanuts (enough to coat bottom of loaf pan in single layer)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Topping: Spread butter on bottom of loaf pan.
- 2Cover evenly with sugar and peanuts.
- 3Sprinkle water over mixture.
- 4Cover with batter.
- 5Batter: Beat egg.
- 6Add sugar gradually, beating it inches.
- 7Stir in peanut butter and melted butter.
- 8Add milk.
- 9Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- 10Add egg mixture, stirring in until well-blended.
- 11Bake in moderate oven (350) 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Butter Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (961 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2716.7
- Calories from Fat 645
- Total Fat 71.7 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 343.4 mg
- Sodium 3069.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 478.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 280.5 g
- Protein 48.7 g