Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very nutritious and delicious! My kids love this recipe. You can use Udon or Rice noodles....but I just use spaghetti. Use vegetable broth for a vegetarian option. Also delicious with grilled shrimp or chicken for a heartier pasta. I have found the new Barilla Plus Spaghetti is GREAT in this. It has a hearty flavor that really compliments the dish.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.
- For Vegetarian use the Vegetable Broth option.
This was so delicious! I didn't have chili paste or anything remotely similar, so we skipped it. I used quinoa spaghetti pasta, since we are gluten free. I doubled the sauce and added two cut up sauteed chicken breasts. Came out great!
Very helpful recipe. I was looking for a starting point, so I did make some changes: I used 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not the can, but the stuff that's in a carton like rice milk), added a little lime juice, left out a T of soy sauce and added a T of peanut butter. I served it with sesame seeds as another reviewer suggested. I also added fried tofu (Pan-Fried Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce) and some lightly pan fried broccoli and red pepper.
Lots of flavor and very simple to make. The chili sauce was a MUST. It really made the dish for me. Iâ€™m always looking to add more veggies to my diet, so I put julienne carrots and cucumbers on top (uncooked). They added a lot of texture and complimented the spice from the chili sauce. Next time I want to try adding toasted sesame seeds to the top as well. I also used whole wheat pasta for extra nutrition. This time I used creamy peanut butter. Next time I might try crunchy and omit the chopped peanuts--just for the fun of it. Thanks!