Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a request, I got this recipe from a lady at church who make them for Bible School in the 1980s. I had made chocolate no-bake cookies for YEARS but had never heard of peanut butter no bake cookies. So delicious that my choco-holic daughter likes them better than the chocolate variety! No. of servings depends on how big you make the cookies. Prep time depends on how fast you are scooping the cookies onto the wax paper covered newspaper! (You get better w/ practice! :D )
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg saucepan, mix sugar, margarine, and milk; bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat. (full, rolling boil = large bubbles rising to surface that can't be stirred down).
- Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted; stir in oats.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper . Let cool completely.