Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I'm a big fan of peanut butter and a big fan of chocolate-when i found this recipe in a style at home magazine, i thought it would be great! let me know what you think. prep time includes chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped peanuts
- whisk together butter, sugar and eggs.
- add crumbs, coconut, peanuts and cocoa powder-mix thoroughly.
- press into greased 9x13 pan.
- bake 350 until firm (12 to 15 minutes).
- let cool.
- over medium heat, melt peanut butter and butter til smooth.
- take off heat and add sugar 1 cup at a time.
- add milk, stir until smooth.
- spread onto cooled base and chill until firm,about 1 hour.
- melt the choclate and butter in a bowl over a sauecpan of hot water.
- spread ontop of filling.
- sprinkle with nuts.
- refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Very sweet and really good. I am also a big fan of chocolate/peanut butter and love bar cookies. I'll make these again.