Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From early Pillsbury Bake-off cookbook. Credited to Paul Deckelman, Old Saybrook, CT. I've used orange marmalade or peach preserves. Use your fav.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, egg and milk.
- Add peanut butter, mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and marshmallow creme until well blended.
- Pour preserves onto batter.
- Cut through batter gently with spatula to marble. Pour into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with peanuts Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then remove from pan immediately; cool on wire rack.
This is an excellent quickbread for a relaxed weekend breakfast or brunch. It's very easy, but you may need to get into the batter with your fingers to get it to come together. It's completely worth the dirty fingers for the nice combination of sweet/salty and crunchy/chewy. I think next time, I'll try it with blackberry preserves. Yum!