Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I've had this recipe for ages and don't recall where I got it. My kids love these. They are so easy to throw together for potlucks, afterschool snacks or anytime you want a great peanut butter cookie. This one is different cause it uses Honey Comb Cereal.
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups honeycomb cereal, Sweetened Corn & Oat Cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 pieces honeycomb cereal (whole pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350' F.
- Beat peanut butter, margarine/butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine crushed cereal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture, mix well.
- Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into ball.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flatton slightly. Press one piece cereal in center of each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let stand 1 minute-before removing to racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.