Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I've had this recipe for ages and don't recall where I got it. My kids love these. They are so easy to throw together for potlucks, afterschool snacks or anytime you want a great peanut butter cookie. This one is different cause it uses Honey Comb Cereal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups honeycomb cereal, Sweetened Corn & Oat Cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 pieces honeycomb cereal (whole pieces)
- 1Preheat oven to 350' F.
- 2Beat peanut butter, margarine/butter and sugars until smooth.
- 3Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- 4Combine crushed cereal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture, mix well.
- 5Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into ball.
- 6Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flatton slightly. Press one piece cereal in center of each cookie.
- 7Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 8Let stand 1 minute-before removing to racks to cool.
- 9Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter 'n Honey Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: