Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
My mom loves peanut butter, and I love to bake cheesecakes, so I thought, "Why not marry the two?" And so this cheesecake was born!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs (at room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the natural kind because it is too oily)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust combine cookie crumbs and melted butter together. Press mix. to bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch cheesecake pan. Place in freezer until filling is prepared.
- For the filling, cream the cheese with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the flour.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla and the peanut butter.
- Pour filling into frozen crust and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until center jiggles slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping by chopping up chocolate and placing pieces in metal bowel.
- Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan until it begins to boil, taking care it does not burn.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate pieces. Leave it for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes, stir the chocolate mix. until fully incorporated and you have a smooth ganache.
- Set ganache aside to cool.
- After removing the cheesecake from oven, allow to cool for 2 hours. Before placing in refrigerator, spread chocolate ganache on top of cake. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.