Recipe by Voyager 1977
I received this in an email from a friend.
Top Review by Wanda 601234
I had about 1/4 box of Apple Jacks in the pantry and wanted to use them up so I tried this recipe. I think the quantities on the butter and flour are reversed because they tasted more like butter than anything, and they crumbled everywhere. The Apple Jacks were crunchy after baking and I think the recipe could be good if you use 1 cup butter and 2 cups of flour.
- 2 cups margarine or 2 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Apple Jacks cereal, crushed to 2 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehet oven to 350 degrees f.
- lightly grease cookie sheet.
- beat margarine, sugars, and peanut butter until creamy.
- add egg and vanilla ; beat well.
- combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- add to margarine mixture; mix well.
- stir in cereal.
- using 1 level tablespoon, shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- place 2 in apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- flatten slightly.
- bake 9-11 min or until lightly browned.
- let stand 1 min before removing to racks to cool.