Prep 40 mins
Cook 16 mins
A chocolate cookie filled with peanut butter. I found the recipe on MSN dot com.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Munchies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted before measuring
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the 1/4 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Beat in as much of the dry ingredients as you can with mixer.
- Stir in remaining dry ingredients by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Form chocolate dough into 32 balls about 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
- Set aside.
- For filling: Combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth.
- Shape mixture into 32 ( 3/4-inch) balls.
- On a work surface, slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball and top with a peanut butter ball.
- Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling, completely covering the filling.
- Roll dough into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate dough and peanut butter filling balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until they are just set and surface is slightly cracked.
- Let cookies stand for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
These are so freaking yummy!!!
I picked this out for something different for Christmas and just got around to making it today. Great choc/PB taste, but will keep this recipe for special occasions, as it takes a little longer to form and shape the balls. I baked 10 minutes on my regular pan and 12 on my stone. I had leftover peanut butter filling, so I'll use more in the cookies next time.
These are by far my favorite cookie! I recentl found this recipe myself and have falled in love. It is essential not to over bake them. They stay so soft and yummy!