Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are good for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and brown sugar together until blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk into the peanut butter mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients; stir just until blended after each addition (do not over mix).
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1 heaping teaspoon of chopped peanuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
I got 18 muffins out of the batter, filling the cups 2/3 full. My muffins were a bit dry, but very tasty with butter and strawberry jam on them.
In our family opinion it needs more sugar to add sweetness and enhance the flavour.
These were better than my usual peanut butter muffin recipe - much moister. I used chunky peanut butter and left out the chopped peanuts - and of course added about a cup of chocolate mini-chips. They were great warm from the oven...