A dense muffin that tastes great slathered with jam or jelly! Be forewarned, they're a drier muffin, almost the consistency of a cornbread. But they're so tasty!
- In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend egg and sugar, then peanut butter.
- When mixture is smooth, blend in milk.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in liquid mixture, stirring until batter is just moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite jam or jelly.
These came out kind of dense and dry. More milk and some applesauce in this recipe would probably help moisten these muffins. Spreading some margarine on them right out of the oven was a nice addition.
These were easy to make, but they aren't very sweet. My 2year old loves peanut butter which is why I made these, and she wouldn't eat them without jam b/c they aren't sweet. They are good with jam though. I only gave this 4 stars b/c the muffins are good, but they're not great.
These were pretty good. I used whole wheat pastry flour, buttermilk and whipped peanut butter. They were crumbly, so next time i'll use milk as stated. Also, the peanut butter flavor wasn't strong, so natural PB would have been better. Finally, I'd prefer it sweeter, so i'll substitute the sugar for stevia next time. Overall though, it was a good recipe and with changes I mentioned, it'll be great next time.