Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A dense muffin that tastes great slathered with jam or jelly! Be forewarned, they're a drier muffin, almost the consistency of a cornbread. But they're so tasty!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (can also use soynut butter)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- jam or jelly (any flavor)
- In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend egg and sugar, then peanut butter.
- When mixture is smooth, blend in milk.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in liquid mixture, stirring until batter is just moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite jam or jelly.
They MUST HAVE the jam/jelly! Not too good by themselves. I must thank you for the recipe though as I made some healthy (and dog friendly) modifications and made them into my dog's favorite treat!! He loves them and they are so cheap to make. I make them in the small muffin pans which are the perfect size for my Doberman. I put them in a tupperware pitcher in the fridge, pop the top and one comes out...lol. It's so easy!
I made some changes and used unbleached flour, egg replacer, unsweetened natural chunky peanut butter, soy milk and natural beet sugar (doubled the amount) and added 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce to make them healthy and vegan. They came out very moist and smelled wonderful. I liked the fact that they weren't very sweet and were very low in fat.
It smelled good but tasted awful. Very dry. I was very disappointed.