Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From the Bonnie Stern Cookbook. This pie is excellent!
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (approx. 20 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 (48 g) Cadbury Crispy Crunch bars or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- To make crust, combine the chocolate wafers and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie dish.
- To make filling, beat the peanut butter with 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat well.
- Beat the cream until light and soft peaks form. Fold it into peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate bars or chips.
- Mound into the pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.